Monday, December 22, 2014

artists and addicts may you rejoice.

Degenerate? Nah. Cliche? Neh.

If you fall into one of my two FAVORITE types of people: Artist or Addict, this post is for you! If you've been struggling with your self-worth, your obsessive thinking, your bad decision-making:: If you've been wondering how you're going to deal with societal pressure; the norm of what is "right and good, what is, in full, NORMAL" to most -- then........... carry on with your struggle.

LOL.

I only have a few things that I can say to you to make you feel better. And that is, I appreciate you! I don't think you should go get a 9-5 job. Don't do it. Fuck that. I won't do it, why should you? Continue to be hard-headed, strong willed, emotive, vocal, outspoken. Go ahead and make bad decisions until you make some good ones. Live your crazy LIFE! I support that. More importantly, I find it very interesting.

I was thinking on the nightly walk with the dogs in my hood:: My favorite people are artists, musicians, or recovering addicts.

They seem to be the ones that can talk openly, discuss their feelings with truth, know what's inside and reach for it : most importantly: express it with some fluency.

Artists draw from their emotions and feeling to create art: DUH. What do recovering addicts have to offer?

A LOT. They have had to 1. realize that there are heavy emotions there instead of mask them with drugs & alc 2. get to the pit of the craphole and dig it out. 3. Talk to someone about it the malaise and get constant feedback about thoughts and actions.

In essence, if you've recovered from the dis-ease that is alcohol or drug abuse, and you've managed to put some clean time together; to get to know yourself: CONGRATULATIONS! You're not only a better person to humanity you are one of my {favorite 2 types} of people.

You are some of the smartest, most kind, sensitive, loving and most gifted people. Yeah sometimes you spout some program crap instead of talk with your heart. Sometimes you are overly "programmed", yes you have baggage:: but you are wonderful.

Is it SO OBVIOUS that I'm giving myself a pep talk here?

I'm NOT! I'm OK, You - OK.

This love is for you. Yes I am in recovery. I am an artist, so I know what the hell I'm talking about. I LOVE YOUR Pizzazz, your Panache!

And now you know.







No comments:

Post a Comment