Friday, February 13, 2009

Finally, collaboration with Tin Hat's Mark Orton completed, posted!

Mark Orton is a very prolific composer, songwriter, and band leader of the group Tin Hat. Some of his movies include: The Real Dirt on Farmer John, Everything's Illuminated, and many more. See his biography here on Artist's Direct: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/card/0,,969849,00.html

Anyway, he's very great combining his personal style that stems from jazz and blues with a new style  americana from buddies Bill Frizell and John Zorn. 

More to my point, he's my brother in law and we collaborated on a song when I was there last summer. I sang James and the Shondell's "Crimson and Clover" and he played his varied instruments. (Eboe, Chello as a bass, melotron or something like that, and a good old acoustic Martin guitar.) 

You can hear that song on my last.fm page http://www.last.fm/DD+Dagger. It was the final addition to my new record entitled "Femmie Auteur" It will be the bonus track. 

Because.....I recorded and played myself all the instruments on the upcoming release aside from that track. The amazing Cris Burns helped me mix it and put it all together in a nice sounding package with some extra zing-zang. 

So the release is near release-able and that makes me very happy. Considering I hadn't recorded anything but a scratch track before this record popped out I'd say  I did pretty well. Lets see if I can get some critics to agree. 

You never know what music will catch the attention of a person's mind. Could it be the instrumentation, the quality of the voice, what the song's about? Or a simple none of the above. 

At any rate,  I'm just putting myself out there, once again. Damned if you do, damned if you don't right??

Please stay in touch!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment