Sunday, February 1, 2009

DD Records Sax with Tom Ovans

Tonight!!! Just before the Boss' moving superbowl performance I, DD, made an appearance with my sax at Sweatbox Studios. I recorded a song with Tom Ovans. He mainly plays in Europe: He got four stars in Mojo for his last effort, "Party Girl" ! He was very sweet; (gotta hug and some cash coming for my performance). 

Me and Mike Vasquez (trumpet) played some memphis style horn section type stuff on a song for Tom- and then DD had a sax solo at the end. Ovans is living right here in lil 'ole Austin Texas. 



"Currently based in Austin, Texas - Ovans supplies the knd of songs that ensure this albums contain no fillers. Stab the track -find button at any point and the resulting slab of dirt road folk-rock is guaranteed to impress" -Mojo about "Party Girl" 

I'll let you know when his record's coming out:::on record label 00:02:59



Now can I get me a review like that???? 
Stay tuned for my record "Femmie Auteur" coming out in April:::it has some saxy on it too....

Currently listening:
Party Girl
By Tom Ovans
Release date: 2008-01-13

No comments:

Post a Comment